Thanks to everyone for listening to Into the Pray.
Since mine eyes have looked on Jesus,
I’ve lost sight of all beside,
So enchained my spirit’s vision,
Gazing on the Crucified.
Today's teaching session is revelling somewhat in the glories we're reading in this 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians:
- The premises of the heretical Corinthians were, in fact, false.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the fact that changes everything for everyone.
- Jesus inaugurated a new race in His resurrection as the "first-fruits" from the dead.
- Do you live in hope of the resurrection...practically?
- Are you as bold as a lion?
- Do you witness the supernatural?
- Are we prepared to demolish contrary arguments? (If not, perhaps we don't yet have a living hope in the resurrection).
- All men and women are either in Adam or in Christ.
- God will be "all in all" and the eternal glory, beauty and worth of submission is central to it all: a difference in role and function despite utter parity in status and worth.
- Woe to us when we tamper with what God says is good.
Modus Tollens/Ponens info here.
As we continue into this 52nd episode of City of Temples - and the great crescendo of the book - you can listen to a full reading of 1 Corinthians here.
As this teaching series finishes in the next month or so, please look out for the 50+ sessions in study-guide/commentary form towards the summer of 2022.
There is also a playlist of other Bible readings forming here. If you'd like to be a reader, please let us know, and please consider sharing to your networks.
Please consider supporting our work here and/or here.
Any questions or testimonies that others need to hear, please let us - and everyone else - know via Firebrand Notes.
Order our new gospel tract for your parish here.
Let's smash this fake gospel up.
Our flagship content: 🚢 🔥
2022: Repent Now; He Loves You.
2021: Calling YESHUA
2020: The Draft - A Conscription of Conscience
2019: Body Zero - Radical Preparation for the Return of Christ
2018: The Bothy Sessions - Mental Health & the Church
2016: Jesus Come
Come, Lord Jesus!
Nick & Mairi xx